With so many spas, salons, and independent lash stylists, it can be hard to know how to choose the BEST place to go to get your eyelash extensions applied.
Not all lash stylists are created equal, and while lash styling and design are very subjective, some questions make it easy to quickly figure out if you will be getting a beautiful set, or not. Even trained individuals can produce sub-par work for a number of reasons, so let's dig deeper before you make an appointment and make sure you are getting a skilled Eyelash Extension Professional.
All lash stylists on this page have undergone our training program which has been continutally enhanced since 2005 and these therapists subscribe to our sanitation and application techniques. When researching a new stylist please consider the following:
- Ask to see the lash stylists' actual portfolio. You want to see a nice, clean, straight and separated lash for lash application. You should not see any clumps or lumps. You should not see any “spidery” or “twisty” or “mangled” lashes.
- Your lash stylists should be able to answer all your questions and be current with new techniques and products.
- Cleanliness checklist:
- Is the working area clean?
- Are disposable items used only for one client?
- How are reusable tools disinfected or sterilized?
- Is the lash stylists presentable? Hands washed, wearing mask?
- How long has the therapist been doing lashes? Time does not always indicate skill level, but this is a procedure that does take most lash stylists a while to master.
- Does the therapist have any advanced training in the application of eyelash extensions?
- What diameters and lengths of extensions does the therapist typically work with? Preferably the therapist will apply lashes that your natural lash can handle but generally , no more than a 0.15mm or 0.20mm diameter and 2mm longer than the natural lash for the average client.
- Price and length of appointment is not always indicative of a good or bad job, but not everyone's “full set” will be the same. You just want to ask the questions that will allow you to know what you are actually getting so you can make the best decision.
Armed with these answers, you should have a fairly good idea of who you are going to. Once you find someone you love and trust with your lashes, hold on to them and never let them go!
For a list of certified Luscious Lashes International technicians, please select an area at the top of this page: